Monday, April 7, 2008

Robbed!

After the Rangers lost to the Devils in the shootout yesterday, I was doubly pleased, because (a) the Rangers lost, which is always exciting, even in a meaningless shootout and (b) the loss meant that, by my accounting, the Islanders won the Hummer Metro Ice Challenge (the Isles and Rangers finished tied in points, but the Isles win on tiebreakers--total wins and won the head-to-head against the Rangers). I know, I know. I shouldn't be excited about things like that. But this season, I will take what I can get.

Then, because I didn't watch the postgame show, I discovered this morning that MSG declared the Rangers the winner and gave their charity the money.

Um, as the kids say, WTF?

Seriously, that's disgraceful. Chris Botta sums it up here. Get outraged, America.

And let's go, gulp, Devils.

No comments: